All masks are sold by donation only! All donations go towards covering the costs and production of more masks for essential works and people in need.
Wear a mask and seek medical help if you have flu like symptoms (cough, fever difficulty breathing, etc.) You should also wear a mask when you are near or caring for a person with flu-like symptoms. Always use a new or properly sterilized mask. Always combine with proper hand washing and social distancing hygiene practices.
All Joeies face masks are made of :
- 3 layers 100% cotton (exception: Solid Black is Dri-Tech, wicking performance...DO NOT IRON)
- 1 layer non woven interfacing
- pinch-able nose piece and ties to ensure a snug all around seal.....YOUR CHOICE ties can be tied behind the head or knotted behind the ears (ties may be cut to length).
- Pocket for an additional insert filter may be added for a fee (Filter not included)
- Reversible - double patterned mask for a fee (You choose main pattern, reverse will be an available complimenting pattern).
Please note Patterns and colours are always changing to what's readily available from fabric suppliers
All cloth masks are to be washed and reused!
- Wash mask after every use......
- In your washing machine in HOT water using soap or detergent that leaves no residue.
- Soak for 5 minutes in a solution of 2 tbls of bleach per liter of water (please note bleach may discolour material)
- Rinse well with fresh water and hang to air-dry
- Iron all masks with the exception of Solid Black
Putting on a mask
- Ensure you are using a clean mask
- Wash hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before touching mask
- Pick up mask by touching the ties only....avoid touching the mask itself
- Hold ties and fit mask around mouth, nose and chin.
- Tie snug around your head or ears.
While wearing a mask
- Mask should be either completely on or off; do not wear or rest under chin.
- Never wear mask inside out
- Remove mask if soiled or damp and wash
- Do not touch the mask, face or adjust mask while it is on.
- If you touch the mask, wash hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer right away.
Always follow social distancing and good hygiene practices staying 6 feet / 2 meters apart from others.